Perfect Gift Terms
These terms and conditions apply to the Goldsmiths Perfect Gift Tool competition ("Competition") run by Aurum Group Limited. Registered Office: Aurum House, 2 Elland Road, Braunstone, Leicester, LE3 1TT, Registered in England, Company number 00146087 ("Company"), and by entering yourself into the competition, You will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them. If You do not agree with the terms of the Competition you will not be entered.
1. Participants qualifying criteria
- 1.1 You must be:
- 1.1.1 Resident in the United Kingdom
- 1.1.2 Over the age of 18
- 1.1.3 Provide a valid email address that the individual will be contacted by
- 1.2 You will not be permitted to participate in the competition if you are an employee of the Company, their families or anyone else who is related or associated with this competition or its operators.
2. Participants Obligations
- 2.1 You are required to share one of your gift recommendations to Facebook through the Perfect Gift Tool.
- 2.2 You must share your gift recommendation by 11:59pm on the 17th December 2017.
Any entry which does not comply with these restrictions, in the sole discretion of the Company, will be disqualified from the competition.
3. Competition Prize
- 3.1 The winner or, where applicable and decided at the Company's discretion.
- 3.2 The prize consists of a the gift recommendation shared by the participant provided by The Company by the process for which will be determined after the announcement and contacting the winner.
- 3.3 The company reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. The winners are fully responsible for any and all applicable taxes in respect of the prize (including, where appropriate, import duty). All costs and expenses associated with receipt of the prize and any use not specified in these Terms and Conditions as being provided including, but not limited to, any and all expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- 3.4 By entering into the competition, the winner agrees to participate in publicity following the Competition, should it be required or requested at any time. This may include use of their name, image and video in online and offline publicity, communications, and in any other media outlets worldwide without any fee being paid.
4. Company obligations
- 4.1 The winner will be determined by Trade Direct Insurance and will be announced by 18th December (Completion Date). The winner will then be emailed by the Company to confirm they have won the Competition. The decision of the Company is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the decision.
- 4.2 Your Personal Data will only be shared with parties who are directly involved in the running of this Competition and will not be passed onto any other third parties without your prior notification.
- 4.3 The Company reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify anyone who submits an entry that is in breach of the rules, or those that do not comply with Content restrictions.
- 4.4 The Company will take no responsibility for any loss of Content and proof of transmissions will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
5. Limitation of Liability
- 5.1 Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the company and accordingly the company may at its absolute discretion vary, amend or cancel the competition without notice (in particular if it or the website on which the competition is operated is affected by any denial-of-service attacks, viruses, hacking or any other technologically-harmful material or act) and the entrant agrees that no liability will attach to the company as a result thereof.
- 5.2 To the extent permitted by law, the company and its agents and representatives hereby expressly exclude any liability whether in contract, tort, criminal law, breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, injury or disappointment (including without limitation any pure economic loss) suffered or incurred by any entrant, winner or any third party whether foreseeable or not in connection with:
- 5.2.1 any act or omission of the company in developing, planning and administering the competition;
- 5.2.2 any entry or attempted entry into the competition.
- 5.3 The company will not be liable for any inability of any person to enter the competition because of any unavailability of such page, failures in computer systems or networks, other malfunctions, or for any other reason.
- 5.4 The company will not be liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials relating to this competition.
- 5.5 All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law are expressly excluded from these Terms.
- 5.6 Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit the company's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 6.1 If any provision of these terms (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other competent authority to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in force. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision will apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
- 6.2 No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law or any abandonment of any such right or remedy will constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor will it preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy will preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- 6.3 These terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them will be governed and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or matter of difference which may arise out of or in connection with these terms.